Our research helps financial services organisations explain and market their products and services to their customers or members in a language they understand in a way that meets regulatory requirements
- Our primary area of expertise is the language of financial services, especially what is known as 'customer testing'. We have developed the customer testing technique so it meets the needs of our clients in 2020 and beyond.
- We have also contributed significantly to industry's understanding of financial services customers' needs, perceptions and motivations.
Sue Bell has been invited to speak at many round tables and similar events on disclosure.
In Financial Services, the term ‘consumer testing’ means testing a document with members of its intended audience to determine whether the document is easy for them to read, use, and understand. Nowadays, we use consumer testing for all kinds of digital documents and forms as well as traditional pdfs.
Elements of best practice in document or consumer testing are
1. Testing should always be conducted as an individual interview and never in group discussions.
2. Participants should be members of the intended audience who have not been involved in the design or writing of the document.
3. If the sample for the testing is the general public, it should include men and women, younger and older people, people with lower and higher levels of education.
4. Testing should be conducted by an independent researcher who has not been involved in designing or writing the document.
Susan Bell Research is an expert in this form of testing. For clients who have not worked with us before: we have a trial offer. See below for details.